Monday 28 October 2013

Is it too late to apologise?

Howdy folks! I sincerely apologise for not updating my blog for what seems like an eternity. If I can have one excuse I would say it's because I have been keeping busy with my 'Good Morning USA' blog, which you're more than welcome to check out! Do whatever takes your fancy.

I guess you could say that I have been in the land of burgers, music and American accents that are simply to die for. Yep, I spent the past 6 weeks in the good old United States of America. My travels were filled with country music; barbecued meat; big cities; small country towns straight out the 1950s; burgers; Americana culture; a little dose of modernism in Palm Springs; and visiting Urban Outfitters more times than I'm sure my parents could bear. 

If you were travelling in the car with me at the time you would have heard our best attempts at American accents and the discussion about the biggest decision of the day - where to stop for a great burger. 

If I were to sum up this country I'd have to say "Wow! Kind of like being in an American suburban 1970s film. Driving fast down interstates, checking into vintage roadside motels and walking through small city downtowns with killer neons and vintage shopfronts, which looked to be the equivalent of 'the American dream'." It sounds sort of like a cliche that you might read on a brochure but America amazed me on all fronts. The food, the music, the culture and the people on the streets with a smile glued to their face. I wasn't used to people being so friendly. Living in the big city of Sydney, people just drop their heads and live for themselves. But even in the big cities in the US, they didn't see the harm in passing on a smile and saying hello. And everyone liked to ask questions and talk.

A few days before the flight home I sort of broke down with what I'll call 'hormonal frustration' and began to dread the idea of finding an end to this amazing trip. But now that I'm home it seems right to slot back into the puzzle of everyday life just as I was doing six weeks back.

So, you've reached the end of my 'apology' and now I'll leave you with some road trip snaps for you to scroll through as you please. 


Lilyx  

P.S from now on I will be changing my background almost every month and will then reference the images in a post.Get excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment