Saturday 2 November 2013

I'm Just A Teenage Dirtbag Baby...

Being a 'teen' is probably one of the hardest points in an average human being's life. I think it's the time in our lives where everything matters, especially making everyone love you. Sometimes I  just have to face reality and realise that not everyone is going to be my best friend, and not everyone has to like me. I suppose when you're a kid you don't think about it, you just think you're friends with everyone and then as soon as you hit high school it's like you plunge straight into the harsh reality of life. 

Once you're past realising it's impossible to be best friends with everyone you're faced with the horrible word on everyone's lips- puberty. The hormonal changes of your body which cause you to be an emotional wreck at times, and trust me, I can relate to that. The thing I remember most vividly was the moment when I first got my period and said goodbye to being a little girl. This was just another ball in my park which caused me to turn up my music to full blast and listen to songs with heavy drum beats and screeching guitar solos to make the pain go away. 

After having cramps and buying truckloads of pads, we're then faced with boys- the alien like species which girls want to know all about. Going to an all girls school, boys seem like a distant species which I rarely come in contact with. It sounds utterly ridiculous but I can blame most of my distant relationships with boys on not being 'outgoing' enough to talk to them. But once you get over the fact that it's often hard to find a perfect and lovely boy (maybe Alex Turner?) there's a truckload of school work and even more bitchiness at school. If I can suggest one thing, and warning, it's a cliché- be yourself and hopefully you'll be just fine. The photos I have attached to this post sort of represent me being a teenage girl, looking down at pretty things in life which  I like to dream of when I find myself feeling sad or lonely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment