Thursday 18 July 2013

Hello, is it me you're looking for? Many thanks to Lionel Richie

Good evening and welcome back to 'the junior mint'. I'm so glad you have joined me once again, and tonight I shall share with you the wonders of memories. 

As Weezer have always known 'memories make you want to go back there'. A simple sentence, photo or word can transport you back in time, to the good and the bad.

I happen to be wearing my great grandmother's glasses in this photo. I never met her but I feel privileged to own and cherish something she once had. It's actually astounding to think she owned them. 

While I listen to 'Bennie and the Jets' by Elton John I'm fantasising about travelling back in time. I don't know whether it's just me, but I can just picture myself roller skating in 80s fashion and sweat bands or prancing around in fabulous old nanna clothes from the 1960s! 

Sadly, it's getting harder and harder to find true vintage so the thought of stepping back in time almost gives me goosebumps. I almost certainly would be cruising around town in an original 1960s Ford Mustang. 

Whether big or small, memories will always find a place in my heart and my brain. How could anyone want to forget the wonders of their travels and past? 

So for now my lovelies, I leave you to close your eyes, lie down and travel back in time to your fondest memories. Enjoy where your mind takes you. 

Lily x

No comments:

Post a Comment