Wednesday 17 July 2013

Greetings, and welcome to my blog.

It's nothing special and I doubt it will suddenly become as famous as Tavi Gevinson's, but for now, I welcome you. Hum a little song in your head, preferably a Buddy Holly hit and feast your golden eyes on a blog about me, things I discover, capture, draw and write.

You may be wondering why I have named my blog 'the junior mint'. I don't have a simple explanation, but I feel like I can almost relate to the small, but humble American chocolate, the junior mint. It's a rather strange metaphor for a human being but I certainly am junior at the age of 14. And maybe just a little bit strong and mighty like a mint.

I'm just an ordinary girl. I'm just a 'teenage dirtbag baby' and hopefully you will enjoy my humble adventures. Right now my mind is wandering and I'm fantasising about caramel milkshakes and Dolly Parton records. I apologise if 'Islands in the stream' is now stuck in your head, because it is certainly stuck in mine! 

On our journey together I hope you will come to understand me and share my little quirks. So sit back, relax, and keep coming back to 'the junior mint'! 

Love and regards,

Lilyx

No comments:

Post a Comment